- 2 cups canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame seed paste) (Cedar Market in Lafayette)
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup lemon juice (1 – 2 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Toppings according to your taste
- Paprika Calamata olives, rough chopped
- sun dried tomatoes, in olive oil (you can also drizzle oil over dip)
- roasted garlic cloves
- 1/ 4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 – 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Wrap pita bread in aluminum foil and warm in the oven.
- Remove and cut into triangles to serve with dip.
- Place beans, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper in blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate for about 1 – 3 hours for flavors to blend.
- Transfer mixture to a serving platter and garnish with the above toppings according to your taste.