- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 ribs of celery (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 large butternut squash (roasted and pureed)
- 1/2 gallon of seafood stock
- 2 quarts heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons Crawfish Town USA Cajun Seasoning
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups of chopped mushrooms
- 4 pounds jumbo lump crab meat
- 1/2 cup blond roux
- In a large pot melt the butter then sauté the onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic until tender, takes about 3-5 minutes.
- Next add white wine then the pureed butternut squash, seafood stock, seasonings, mushrooms and cook for 10-15 minutes on medium heat.
- Next add heavy cream and slowly bring to a simmer.
- Once the bisque comes to a simmer, add blond roux and it will thicken.
- When the bisque thickens, add crab meat and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
*Recipe courtesy Chef Colt Patin Crawfish Town USA