- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto or other almond-flavored liqueur
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- whipped cream, for garnish
- chocolate shavings, for garnish
Make these ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve the dessert with spiced coffee. Sprinkle the coffee grounds with ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves before brewing.
Combine the half-and-half, eggs, and sugar in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, for about 12 minutes, or until the temperature reaches 160°F. Add the chocolate morsels, liqueur, vanilla, and salt. Stir until smooth. Spoon into individual serving containers, cover, and chill. Garnish with the whipped cream and chocolate shavings.