- 1/2 gallon skim milk
- 6 to 8 drops liquid vegetable rennet
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix together the milk, rennet and salt in a big glass or stainless steel bowl. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and leave out at room temperature for 24 hours.
- There will be a large single curd floating in whey. With a slotted spoon, spoon pieces of the curd, as large as possible, into pint-size cheese molds.
- Put molds on a rack in a pan, cover loosely with plastic wrap and allow to drain, while refrigerated, for 8 hours.
- Turn cheeses out of the molds and store in covered containers for up to 2 weeks.
- Creole cream cheese is usually eaten by covering with a small amount of cream and sprinkling with sugar for breakfast. It is also eaten savory-style with salt and pepper.