Courtesy of Chef Arthur Durham, La Truffe Sauvage
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1/2 jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons red onion
- 1 large, ripe tomato
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- Check the crabmeat for shell pieces and clean as needed. Place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Seed the jalapeño, depending upon the heat you prefer – the more white ribbing left, the hotter the dish will be. Mince finely along with onion.
- Cut the outer flesh away from the tomato, discarding pulp and seeds. Dice finely.
- Add the lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, salt and pepper. Gently toss and check seasoning. Serve in a chilled martini glass.