|White Chocolate Bread Pudding|
- 6 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 20 ounces white chocolate, chips or small pieces
- 4 eggs
- 15 egg yolks
- 24-inch loaf of stale French bread
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chips or small pieces
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, grated for garnish
- Boil cream, milk and sugar in a saucepot.
- Remove from heat and add white chocolate pieces.
- Allow to melt, then stir until smooth.
- Whisk eggs and egg yolks together.
- Pour hot cream and chocolate mixture into eggs slowly, whisking constantly. Set pudding aside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice bread and place in metal 9x12 baking pan.
- Pour half of pudding over bread and allow to cool.
- Press bread with fingers to make sure pudding is absorbed. Bread should be soggy. Repeat with remaining pudding.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until pudding is golden brown.
- While pudding is baking, bring cream to boil in saucepan.
- Remove from heat and add white chocolate.
- Melt and stir to smooth.
- Serve bread pudding warm topped with warm white chocolate ganache and dark chocolate shavings as a garnish.
*Recipe courtesy of The Palace Cafe
Return to Recipe List